Intercessory PrayerAsk, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you
. - Mt. 7:7But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well.
- Mt. 6:33You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. -
James 4:3 The prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects. Elijah was a man of like nature with ourselves and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. Then he prayed again and the heavens gave rain, and the earth brought forth its fruit.
- James 5:16b-18 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing...If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be my disciples.
- John 15:5, 7-8Trust in the Lord with all your heart,...
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths. -
Proverbs 3:5-6 For we have not a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sinning. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. -
Hebrews 4:15-16And this is the confidence which we have in him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have obtained the request made of him.
- 1 John 5:14-15 So Peter was kept in prison; but earnest prayer for him was made to God by the church. ..behold,an angel of the Lord appeared, and a light shone in the cell. and he struck Peter on the side and woke him saying, "Get up quickly," and the chains fell off his hands. The angel said to him, “... follow me.” When they had passed the first and the second guard, they came to the iron gate leading into the city. It opened to them of its own accord, and they went out and passed on through one street; and immediately the angel left him
- Acts 12:1-10 Unless the Lord builds the house,
those who build it labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchman stays awake in vain.
- Psalm 127:1When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:13-14Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Phil. 4:6-7Our Father, Who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name, Thy Kingdom come...
- Matthew 6:9-10
And David built ... an altar to the Lord... So the Lord heeded supplications (prayers) for the land, and the plague was averted from Israel. - 2 Samuel 24:25 Prayer for our PoliticiansFirst of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, godly and respectful in every way. -
1 Timothy 2:1-2
But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare. -